Friday, November 28, 2008

Another Paisley


My dear friend, Margaret, and I have a little paisley challenge going between us. We alternate finding a basic paisley outline and see what we can devise. Here's my latest. The teardrop paisley cabochon I found at The Pink Bunny in Wichita, KS, when I was teaching there earlier in the month. That was a great retreat by the way. Val has already decided to do it again next year and has asked me, Judith Montano and Carole Samples to return as teachers again. I highly recommend this event! I bezeled the cabochon with beads. I couched the gold beads in the scallops and added rose montees. The outline is stem stitched in a #4 Kreinik braid. Then, 5 mm flower beads were added around the edge. The points to the left are wired ribbon leaves done in a peacock blue. I added hand charms to the inside. Bugle beads make up the semi-circle. A swarovski marguerite is the center of the semi-circle. The background is a Hoffman bali fabric.

4 comments:

Karen 's World said...

Hi Betty! Love the Paisley. Great use of the oval bead to start it off. I'd love to see what Margaret has done also.

Cathy said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Incredible job - and I love that peacock cabochon, too. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! Hugs, Cathy K

allie aller said...

It's about time you blogged again, Betty!
Nice challenge you and your friend have going...the paisley is beautiful in all its permutations...and this one is a delight.

Yvonne said...

So looking forward to seeing you in Wichita, and taking my first class from you.

Wish I could take one of your herbal classes... My husband's in New York state RIGHT NOW! but I couldn't go with him.