Monday, October 29, 2007

Transmogrify

A couple years ago, I made these beaded circles while staying with some creative friends. I made the little faces out of clay, using a push mold, then painted them with Lumiere and added some mica powder. Then, I beaded the faces as cabochons and added swirls and such. The circles had been lying around, waiting for me to come up with a way to use them. Over the weekend, I was playing with this great green spiral fabric (my favorite fabric ever) and was doing some free-form piecing. I got out the circles and it worked perfectly in the overall design. The pink "dots" are sequins that I embroidered in a shisha style. I've done this with pennies as well. I free motion quilted and added more beads, rose montees and the word, "Transmogrify".

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Oh Betty! That is beautiful. You make my fingers itch for a needle and thread - but I'll leave that to you. You have such a great free and whimsical style.