Tuesday, September 18, 2007

New Rose Arbor



Last year we were vending at an herb festival in Oriskany NY. The grounds had a wonderful rose and herb garden. The rose garden contained "gothic" arches and I looked at DH, he looked at me, and we knew we had to have something similar in our garden. So this weekend, Dan took an extra day off and made me the rose arbor. They are 13 feet tall. We will add spires to the uprights and paint them in the spring. The roses and herbs will get added in the spring as well. The temporary supports will get removed when the cement cures. It sure is handy having Dan around!

2 comments:

allie aller said...

Hi Betty,
Leonie's blog sent me scooting over here. I'm so glad to see you blogging about your herbs...looking forward to enjoying and learning more.
Best Wishes,
Allie

LouAnne said...

can't wait to see the finished Rose Arbor, Betty! I also found your website and blog via Leonie's blog. Need to "get with you" and see if you can put me onto something to help these old hands!