Monday, October 15, 2007

Beaded Pendant and Found Treasures


Last Friday was a cold, windy, rainy day. Time for another beaded project! So, I got out the Aug/Sep issue of Beadwork magazine and did the project on page 40. I changed the pearl color from bronze to burgundy. It was quick, simple and lovely! I wore it out Saturday for my birthday trip. We leaf peeped, antiqued, shopped (bead stores and health food stores) and ate at a great Greek restaurant. A really fabulous day.
Here are two of my finds:
The first is an antique chenille embroidery on a light blue velvet. The goldenrod and daisies are very well done. Note the thermometer on the left! This is circa 1900, possibly 1880s.


The small box is an herbal remedy of mullein leaves. This is circa first decade of the 1900s. Wonderful that I grow and use mullein still, 100 years later.

2 comments:

allie aller said...

That pendant just glows...
and a happy birthday, too!

Tina Sams said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of that mullein packet! Those old herb packages and old remedies are just so cool. I collect them.
The embroidery on the hanging is incredible. Is that goldenrod?
Beautiful pendant, birthday girl!